KDDI Thailand recognizes the importance of personal information (any information relating to a natural person, which enables the identification of such person, whether directly or indirectly, but not including the information of the deceased persons; the same shall apply hereinafter).
Collection of Personal Information
KDDI Thailand collects personal information (such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses) of its customers to the extent necessary to provide its telecommunications services and other services.
In addition, when KDDI Thailand has collected or attempts to collect personal information from its customers, KDDI Thailand discloses to its customers and announces to or notifies its customers the intended purpose for which it will use such information.
Usage of Personal Information
KDDI Thailand will use your personal information for the following purposes;
- 1. to communicate with customers in order to provide you with our services;
- 2. to set up customers to use our products;
- 3. for the management and administration of our business;
- 4. for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on the our website to ensure they are user friendly and to prevent any potential disruptions or cyberattacks;
- 5. to allow you to use and access the functionality provided by the our products for the purposes of assessing whether our products are suitable for your purposes;
- 6. to assess your application for our products, where applicable;
- 7. to conduct analysis required to detect malicious data and understand how this may affect your IT system;
- 8. for statistical monitoring and analysis of current attacks on devices and systems and for the on-going adaptation of the solutions provided to secure devices and systems against current attacks;
- 9. to understand feedback on KDDI Products and to help provide more information on the use of those products and services quickly and easily;
- 10. for in-depth threat analysis;
- 11. to understand your needs and interests;
- 12. for communicating with business partners and customers for direct advertising or other forms of marketing or advertising;
- 13. in order to comply with and in order to assess compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and internal policies and procedures; or
- 14. for the administration and maintenance of databases storing personal information.
KDDI Thailand will not handle the personal information in its possession beyond the extent necessary for fulfilling its intended purpose of usage, except in the following cases:
- 1. In instances where the customer has granted their permission;
- 2. In instances where KDDI Thailand is required to do so by a legally-enforced order;
- 3. If such information is required for the protection of a person's life, body, or property, and the permission of the customer cannot be readily obtained;
- 4. If such information is required especially for the improvement of public health or the promotion of sound nurturing of children, and the permission of the customer cannot be readily obtained; or
- 5. If it becomes necessary by legal ordinance to cooperate with a government agency, or parties authorized by them, and there is concern that seeking permission of the customer may hinder the execution of the relevant duties.
Management of Personal Information
KDDI Thailand takes measures to manage access to personal information, limit the steps of its handling, and prevent unauthorized outside access, as well as measures to prevent leakage, loss or damage and other necessary and appropriate measures in order to safely manage personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
KDDI Thailand may share your personal information outside of KDDI Thailand for the following limited purposes:
- 1. with our affiliates and business partners. For example, this could include our affiliates and partners from whom you or your company or your organization purchased our products (where applicable). Personal information will only be transferred to a business partner who is contractually obliged to comply with appropriate data protection obligations and the relevant privacy and confidentiality legislation;
- 3. to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including, without limitation, in order to comply with tax reporting requirements and disclosures to regulators), or to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
- 4. if we sell our business or assets, in which case we may need to disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer for due diligence purposes; and
- 5. if we are acquired by a third party, in which case the personal information held by us about you will be disclosed to the third party buyer.
International Transfer of Personal Information
Your personal information referenced above may be transferred to and stored at countries outside of Thailand whose laws may not provide the same level of data protection. In such cases, KDDI Thailand will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal information that comply with our legal obligations.
Retention Period of Personal Information
KDDI Thailand will not retain your personal information for longer than required for the purposes for which the personal information is processed.
KDDI Thailand will keep your personal information:
- 1. For as long as required by relevant laws or regulations;
- 2. Until KDDI Thailand no longer has a valid reason for keeping it; and
- 3. Until KDDI Thailand receives your request to delete.
You have various rights in relation to your personal information. In particular, you have the right to request access and obtain copy, correct and delete your personal information which KDDI Thailand holds, as well as the right to restrict or object to certain types of processing of your personal information. Furthermore, you have the right to data portability. If the processing relies on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal will not affect the processing of personal information you have given consent to.
|Address||Room No.902, 9/F, 208 Wireless Road Building,208 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 THAILAND|